797 San Luis Road
This extraordinary property combines a Mediterranean style with modern flair. “Wow” is frequently the first reaction – it is hard to convey in advance the impact of the panorama that unfolds as you tour indoors and out.
Come and enjoy this stunning North Berkeley home with easy connections to San Francisco and the Bay Area - a remarkable, tranquil retreat close to shopping, restaurants and recreation.
- Exceptional panoramic Bay views from every level
- Mediterranean style with intriguing details
- Elegant living room with balcony and beam ceiling
- 4 bedrooms with great bonus spaces
- Tower-shaped office opens wide to the Bay
- Enchanting courtyards with fountain
- Decks and patios offer easy outdoor enjoyment
- Picture windows make San Francisco Bay an art form
- Separate courtyard studio with skylight roof and views
- Newly updated kitchen – direct view of the Golden Gate
- Family room with picture window opens to upper deck
- Master suite with spa tub and private deck
- Full-size pool, pool house & outdoor spa with views
- Hardwood and tile floors throughout
- Driveway access from the street above
- North Berkeley restaurants & shops – Shattuck & Solano
- Close to Indian Rock and Tilden Park
- Easy access to UC Berkeley & Downtown
This treasure is not remarkable from street views, but it offers an extraordinary lifestyle in the heart of North Berkeley and has been owned by the same family since 1965. The main house alone offers a range of settings and spaces, from the lofted, beamed living room to the secluded garden dining room. The updated baths and kitchen are distinctive and charming. The bedrooms offer Bay view and garden outlooks – serene whether enjoying the greenery or looking out at the water and changing sky.
A studio with bath can be opened wide to the adjoining courtyard and opens to the same Golden Gate view. With the retractable skylight roof, it can be a fabulous art, party or guest space.
The outdoor areas share the fabulous views, from the large pool to the lawn above with a tiled spa beyond the small trees. A pool house with full bath and storage adds to the convenience. Stretching from street to street, you can enter from the driveway uphill or by the staircase from San Luis Road below.